“Can I afford to build a website for my Singapore business?” you ask. The short answer: you can’t afford not to. Even if you have a physical store, consumers turn to the Internet to get more information or contact your company. You lose credibility and sales when you don’t have a web presence. But what exactly is the website design Singapore price – and how do you get the best value for your investment?
- Web Design can Make or Break your business
- Factors that Affect Website Costs
- Cost of Website Design in Singapore
- Beware of dirt-cheap website design
- How to Make A Cost-Effective Website Design Budget
- Get the Best Value for your Website Design Budget
Web Design can Make or Break your business
Web design isn’t just about how a website looks, but how well it performs. For every search query, your customers will get millions of results. The best websites help your customers find your website, form a good impression of your company, and perform the desired action – whether it’s buying your product, scheduling an appointment, or signing up for your mailing list.
On the other hand, a bad website experience can damage your brand reputation and drive away customers. Consider these statistics:
- 75% admit that they judge a company’s credibility based on the web design
- 38% will leave a website that has an unattractive layout
- 92% will leave a website before 1 minute if they can’t find the information they’re looking for
- 87% will stop reading a website that doesn’t display well on their device
- 47% expect images to load within 2 seconds
- 88% will never revisit a website after a frustrating experience
That means good web design should be visually appealing, well-organized for fast and convenient reading, and mobile-friendly.
Factors that Affect Website Costs
The website design Singapore price can range from $3,000 to $300,000 depending on the size and functions. Here are some factors to consider when you set your budget.
Number of pages
Some companies will only need a simple, five-page website with basic information. Others may need more pages to showcase different products or services, or hold content like videos, testimonials and blogs. These additional pages will affect your budget for content creation, web design, and web hosting.
Type of website
An e-commerce store or community forum needs more complex programming and security or privacy features than an informational website.
Just like a tailored suit will cost more than clothes you bought off the rack, a website that has customized features will need more time and budget. If you wish to keep your Singapore web design price.
Do you already have a good archive of articles and photos, or will you need to commission content? Do you need videos or blog posts to increase engagement or SEO? Additional content will increase your Singapore web design price, but on the other hand, it will increase your website ranking and brand recall. (Read about the benefits of hiring a professional content writing company.)
Cost of Website Design in Singapore
It’s difficult to pin an exact Singapore web design price without knowing the scope and difficulty of your project, but this can help you get a general ball park figure.
Small business website
Small business website design price in Singapore is $3500 to $5000
Small businesses can start with a simple website that showcases products and services. These are typically just 5 to 7 pages. It has essential information about the company and its offerings, store locations, and an email form for customer queries.
Even if you have a small business website, you can still make a strong impact. It’s important to have a sleek design, professional copy, and strong images. Since you only have a few pages, be sure to make those pages very powerful. Here are some good examples of small website design:
Corporate Website design Pricing in Singapore is $6,000 – $35,000
Larger businesses may want to include more products, information, or interactive features on their website. In this case, consider a corporate website with about 10 to 30 pages. The pages can showcase:
- Products and services
- Case studies or portfolio
- Company or industry events
- Downloadables: press kits, product brochures, eBooks
The additional content gives several advantages. It can improve your search engine ranking and credibility (especially if you have invested in SEO), show your brand story and differentiate yourself from competitors, and give your customers more reason to revisit your website.
Customers also prefer seeing more content on a brand’s website. Studies show that 70% of consumers prefer to learn about a product or service through articles and content rather than ads. The more information you can give them about your offerings, the more likely they are to buy.
The best corporate websites are able to present more information without sacrificing site speed or customer navigation. Your customers should still be able to quickly find what they need, and are led to other pages in a natural and intuitive way. Look at how this solar company was able to make a large amount of technical information very user-friendly. Check out our premium corporate web design service now!
E-commerce website design Singapore price: $5,000 – $50,000
Of all the different kinds of websites, e-commerce stores are the most complex and expensive. That’s because of the number of functions that need to be added to ensure that customers have a good shopping experience and secure payment options.
E-commerce stores will typically need a product section, price and shipping information, cart functionality, customer logins and account management (including purchase history, address, payment records and preferences), and customer reviews and testimonials. Many of the best sites also have strong content – blogs, videos, promos – to help drive marketing and sales.
On the other hand, you can ask your Singapore website designer to add simple e-commerce functions to your small business or corporate website. You can ask for a quote based on the number of products you want to sell, and then compare the cost of building your own site versus selling it on another e-commerce platform.
Bear in mind that designing an e-commerce website is just the starting point to a successful online store. You can also invest in SEO, email marketing, social media and other strategies to help attract customers and promote your products. A complete Singapore digital marketing agency like Mapletree Media can do both website development and digital marketing.
Community Web design Singapore price: $15,000 to $30,000
There are many benefits to building an online community. It increases website traffic and engagement, helps you understand your customer, generates user-led content, and boosts your customer loyalty.
One of the best case studies for online communities is DuoLingo. This start-up with only 40 people grew exponentially to become one of the biggest online language apps in the world by investing in their community. Their active members helped create content, and even helped to develop and test courses. Today, it has over 50 million users.
Other brands have added community functions to their main website, through forums or special sections where users can upload content. For example, Lego Ideas allows anyone to upload their design ideas. If their design gets a lot of votes, their creation may actually be turned into a real Lego set – and they get a percentage of the sales.
Beware of dirt-cheap website design
Remember the adage of “You get what you pay for” when you hear of very low web design Singapore price. The low offer may sound tempting, but you could face several problems down the road:
- Hidden costs. You may not have been given a realistic quote, and as the project progresses, you’ll be surprised by unexpected or hidden charges. Ask for an accurate estimate of the website, including hosting and site maintenance, and other expenses like content creation and website marketing.
- Poor web design. A bad website affects your reputation, and you may need to spend more time and money later on to overhaul it completely.
- Limited functionality. Your website shouldn’t just be a token Internet presence. You can use it to interact with your customers, promote your products, generate leads, and ultimately, grow your brand. A poorly designed website with limited functionality will handicap your future sales and marketing efforts — especially in the digital age.
- Low searchability. Websites are useless if they can’t be found on an Internet search. Factors like broken links, poor loading time, or errors can affect your search engine ranking and make it more difficult for customers to navigate your site.
That’s why it’s important to look at the price of website design in Singapore as an investment rather than a cost. It plays a huge role in your business image and sales — so even if a $99 website design is possible, can it really deliver what you need to succeed?
How to Make A Cost-Effective Website Design Budget
Instead of trying to look for dirt-cheap rates, get a good website design Singapore price that will give you the best value for your money. Here’s the best way to create a cost-effective budget that considers your needs, expectations and resources.
Set your marketing goals
What do you want to accomplish, and what role will your website play in achieving those goals? For example, do you want to encourage repeat customers? Do you need to differentiate your brand from competitors who sell very similar products or services? Do you need to attract more local customers? Try to imagine how your website can simplify your sales process, support your marketing, or attract customers.
- When my customers visit my website, I want them to be able to…
- When I have an event or promo, I want my website to support these activities by…
- The website can handle the most common customers questions/complaints by…
Create your site specifications
These are the factors that will most affect your website cost. Write down what you need, and your expectations. Note how important it is to your goal. Is it very critical, or something that you are willing to adjust if it doesn’t fit in your website budget?
- Do you need a fully customized website, or are you happy with a WordPress theme? Perhaps you want something in between — take a general theme and change a few elements to suit your brand?
- What kind of images do you want? Do you already have images, or do you need the agency to provide stock images or shoot them?
- Do you have any sample websites that you really like? If you follow those designs, how much content or images do you need to create?
- Customer interaction. The most basic websites will have a contact form. However, other websites try to engage the customers in several ways:
- downloadable PDFs, videos, blogs, etc. Having several “contact points” increases engagement and increases the amount of time somebody stays on the site.
- Integration. Do you need your website to be integrated with internal computer systems (like a customer database) or third-party e-commerce sites?
- Sales and commerce. Will you be selling products on the site? Do you want customers to be able to leave reviews or book an appointment?
How many website pages do you need? Do you have enough content and images for those pages? Do you want to optimize certain pages for particular keywords?
Get a website design proposal
After creating a rough draft of your site specifications, ask Singapore web development agencies for proposals. From there, you’ll have a good idea oft the typical web design Singapore price, and make the necessary adjustments. In some cases, your specifications may cost more than you expected, but don’t worry — your web developer can suggest ways to manage the costs.
Get the Best Value for your Website Design Budget
Mapletree Media is a full-service digital marketing agency that provides web development and design, search engine optimization, digital marketing, and more. View our samples of corporate web design for Singapore businesses and brands, as well as leading healthcare and beauty providers.
Contact us to get a customized proposal with a reasonable website design Singapore price and tailored to your business and needs.