Everyday, your customers get a barrage of messages from brands. How do you cut through this noise and win not just their attention, but their loyalty?
This challenge is the reason why Personalized Content Marketing is so important. Your messages have to be tailored to a specific person or group. You can then pick the idea, words, images that are relevant to them.
Personalized Content Marketing is critical for your brand’s success. 87% of consumers surveyed say that personally relevant branded content positively influences how they feel about a brand.
How do you create relevant content? By understanding your customer inside out. Here are some questions that can help you develop a concrete customer persona and build a personalized content marketing strategy around it.
Customer Persona vs Market Demographics
You may have a general idea of your target audience – age, gender, income bracket, ethnicity. But a personalized content marketing takes it a step further. It is built around a customer persona.
Customer personas are like symbolic representations of your desired buyer. To build a customer persona, ask yourself these questions.
What do they go through every day?
- What is their daily routine?
- Where do they work?
- What kind of job do they have?
- Where do they spend their money?
- What are their pain points and stress triggers?
- What are their goals and aspirations?
- What are the common obstacles to their goals?
- Who do they look up to?
How can your brand help them?
- Which of your products and services would simplify or improve their life?
- How would they weigh the cost vs. benefit of your products or services? (Try to anticipate or map her thinking process.)
- What concerns would prevent them from getting your product or service?
- Who are the people who would influence their decision? What would their concerns be?
How can your brand best persuade them?
- What promises or phrases would catch their attention?
- What kind of messages do your competitors send to them?
- What questions or concerns would they have if they read your product or service information?
- Which of your posts engaged them the most? (Check your Google Analytics and do a content audit.)
- What type of posts engaged them in the past?
What do they already know about your brand and your products?
- What are their preconceptions about the product or service?
- Are their any myths or misconceptions that you need to correct?
- What kind of information do they usually look for?
- What stage of the purchase journey are they in?
Get personalized content marketing campaigns
These questions can help inform your personalized content marketing strategy and create very targeted content.
MapleTree Media is a Singapore digital marketing agency that provides professional web copywriting services, search engine marketing, web development and more. Our team of Singapore copywriters, SEO experts and web developers can help you send high-impact, relevant messages to your market. Contact us to find out more.